We are still hiring a few positions for Green Team members! If you or someone you know is still looking for a summer job, please take a look at our job description below. Please note that we are hiring youth between the ages of 16 and 18. If you have any questions or to request an application, please email Brittany Dunn, Youth Programs Coordinator at email@example.com.
Green Team Job Description: MLK Summer Scholars
The Emerald Necklace Conservancy Green Team is a unique and exciting program that employs young adults to engage in conservation, gardening, landscaping, park maintenance and community outreach. Youth members engage in a variety of experiences that provide you with opportunities to serve our community, develop career skills, and broaden your understanding of the Conservancy’s mission. Throughout the summer, Green Team will participate in a range of environmental education workshops, gain valuable job skills, and take part in outdoor activities, such as hiking and canoeing. We are hiring 5 crew members through the MLK Summer Scholars Program, ages 16+; we are searching for youth who are leaders and who are interested in the environment and social justice. Emerald Necklace Conservancy Green Team members work 25 hours per week for six weeks.
As a part of Green Team you will:
- Develop job skills through on the job training and workshops
- Receive training in park stewardship within the Emerald Necklace parks
- Participate in environmental education fieldtrips
- Work in a crew of 10 young adults with crew leaders
- Participate in out door activities
- Attend weekly presentations on social justice and community engagement at Boston University through the MLK Scholars
- You are a resident of Boston or Brookline
- You are between the ages of 16 and 18
- You are able to travel independently to the worksite
- You have experience and an interest working outdoors
- You are interested in the environment and sustainability
Monday through Wednesday from 9:00 to 3:30; Thursday from 9:00 to 1:45 and Fridays from 9:30 to 11:30. Also, one or two Sunday workdays will be required.
As an MLK Summer Scholar, you will attend weekly presentations at BostonUniversity on Friday mornings from 9:30 to 11:30 with your whole crew.
- First day of work: Monday, July 8.
- Last day of work: Friday, August 23.
To request an application, please contact Brittany Dunn at Emerald Necklace Conservancy, firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 617.522.2700. Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis, but please submit yours as soon as possible.